Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Another Update....

Zac is doing really well. I haven't seen him limp on the backyard potty walks (with no boot) more than once or maybe twice all week. With the boot on, with some pebbles in it, i've seen almost no skipping in his 30 minute hikes the last 2 evenings. I actually don't think i saw a single skip tonight. He really loves the second session each evening when he gets to do sprints. I put him on a stay, walk 70 or so yards away, and call him, and that boy flies! He really liked it when i had Gael out running against him tuesday evening. I tried that tonight with Spottie and she decided it was way too much work for an old dog.

I worked Bart again this evening for a few minutes and he did really well. I thought i saw some odd movements when he was trying to sidestep using that bad right shoulder, but i didn't see any limping during or after he worked. So far so good, and still hoping the Adequan will have taken care of the OCD. He's such a sweet puppy and trying really hard to chill out and be less wild.

So that's the latest on the gimpy boys. All is going well for now. We're off to the Lexington SDT this weekend, hosted by David Clark and Cheryl Branibar. It should be a lot of fun and the site looks terrific. I'll post an update and trial report at the beginning of next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent news all the way around!! I love that picture of tiny Bart, too. ;) Good luck in Lexington - we'll be rooting you on from here.