Well, the news isn't good. Gael's progesterone level was 22.5 yesterday, so the breeding probably won't work. In Zac's opinion, she's been ready for breeding just since Sunday, so hopefully she was still fertile yesterday when we did the AI, but based on the progesterone level, chances are slim. I'll take her in to the vet on Day 26 to be palpated, so the waiting continues. Damn it, i'm really disappointed.
Additional notes, 7:00 PM: After talking to the vet again and studying the timeline of the last few days, i decided to run Gael back in and do another AI, just to be on the safe side. We did a smear on wednesday and know she'd not ovulated at that point, and did the first AI 5 days later, so hopefully it'll work out. Zac definitely said sunday was the day she started making him crazy and as of today is trying to do a natural breeding, though Gael's not real happy about it. Bill is still quite interested as well. So, that's the latest - it's going to be a long wait until January 15th when i can take her to be palpated for pups.